Since 1977, Shencorp Inc. has specialized in commercial roofing and commercial protective roof coatings. We service areas throughout Winchester, Charlottesville, Waynesboro, Richmond, Virginia Beach, Virginia, and other parts of the mid-Atlantic region. We’ve become the leading choice for industrial and commercial roofing services throughout Virginia.
There are a few important weather conditions to consider before applying a roof coating system to your building in the winter and shoulder seasons. These requirements include:
- Always check weather conditions before application and never apply if rain is anticipated within 24 to 48 hours.
- Air temperatures should be at a minimum of 55˚F with temperatures expected to rise for the following 24 hours. This includes temperatures during nighttime.
- Apply the roof coating system in the early morning, finishing early into the afternoon to allow for a minimum of four hours of sunlight for the coating or sealants to cure.
Areas such as California, Hawaii, Texas, Arizona and Florida often have warm winter temperatures averaging between 60˚F to 90˚F in January. As long as these temperatures do not drop below 55˚F during the evening and rain is not expected, these weather conditions are acceptable for installing a roof coating system during the winter.
While weather conditions and temperature need to be ideal before application begins, it is also important to keep in mind:
- Base and top coats need 8 to 24 hours to dry completely (this is dependent on weather conditions). No roof coating systems shall be applied if weather will not permit it to dry prior to exposure to precipitation or freezing.
- Dew and fog can interfere with and damage coatings from properly curing.
- Coatings must be stored between 40˚F – 90˚F. Do not leave coatings or sealants on the rooftop if temperatures are expected to drop below 45˚F.
When you choose Shencorp Total Roofing Services serving Winchester, VA, Charlottesville, VA, Waynesboro, VA, Richmond, VA, and surrounding areas, you get durable and energy-efficient commercial protective roof coatings for a price you’ll love. We’re dedicated to providing high-quality coatings to protect your roof from wear and tear. We’re proud to provide this proactive and preventative service throughout the trans-Atlantic area in Virginia.
Before it’s too late, think about calling a professional to apply protective coatings to your roof! At Shencorp Total Roofing Services, we can help with all your commercial roofing needs. Call us today!