A good roof is one of the most important parts of a home, protecting you from everything from downpours to ice to scorching summer rays. So when it comes to roofing projects, a big investment deserves the best person for the job. Luckily, finding the right local roofing pro can help you know that any roofing issues are in capable hands. Whether you’re replacing, fixing or installing a roof, let these questions guide you to choose the best roofer for the job. Don’t be afraid to ask them all!
1. How long have you been in business?
2. Is your business local?
3. Are you a licensed roofing contractor?
4. What is your legal business name and address?
5. Do you use roofing subcontractors? If so, can I have their information?
6. Do you have other completed projects that I can see?
7. Who will be the main contact for this project, and what is the response turnaround time if I have questions?
8. Who will be overseeing the roof installation for quality?
9. Can I find reviews anywhere online?
10.What is your specialty?
11. When can you provide a written estimate?
12. Can I have a detailed breakdown of each expense?
13. Does the cost include materials?
14. If you find roof damage, how much would it cost to replace the roof?
15. Do I need a building permit for this particular job? If so, when will you have that ready?
16. How do you handle payment?
17. How will you avoid going over budget?
18. What percentage of jobs do you start and complete on time?
19. How soon can you schedule my job?
20. How long will my project take?
21. Will you inspect my roof and let me know if anything is needed before starting the job?
22. Has your team been trained in my type of roofing?
23. How will the roofer leave the job site at the end of each day? Will everything be placed in a certain part of my yard?
Safety and Warranty
24. How do you make sure safety is a priority for your workers?
25. What will you do if there are unforeseen weather issues?
26. Will you protect my house from any damage?
27. Will my driveway be protected from any roof particles?
28. What kind of warranty do you offer on your work?
29. What level of roofing insurance do you have?
30. What is your installation process?
At ShenCorp, we service areas such as Winchester, VA, Charlottesville, VA, Waynesboro, VA, Richmond, VA, and other parts of the mid-Atlantic region. In that time, we have become the leading choice for industrial and commercial roofing services like commercial protective roof coatings for customers throughout Virginia. Give us a call today!