For 40 years, Shencorp Inc. has been dedicated to providing regional, industrial, and commercial roofing for the Mid-Atlantic region, including Virginia Beach, VA. From new installation to repair and commercial protective roof coatings to S.M.A.R.T. roofing – we get the job done.
We often hear many of the same questions when it comes to commercial roofing, so in this blog post, we wanted to dedicate some time to those frequently asked questions. Here are a few:
- How do I know if my business needs a new roof? Consider the type, age, repair history, and last field inspection of your roof. This will give you a quick assessment. Look for interior damage – past and present. Make sure to review this information with your roofing contractor when he visits your business.
- How do I choose a new commercial roofing product? This is a hard question, because it really depends on your roof and your needs. Talk to your roofing expert about this one!
- Why is it important to hire a licensed contractor? Because they have certification training. They’ve taken extensive courses and passed exams on proper installation methods for roofing. If you worked with an unlicensed contractor instead of a licensed contractor, there’s no guarantee that you’ll be happy with the quality of the job.
- Can I put a new roof on top of the old one? It depends on a few things: the existing roof type, insulation, deck conditions, moisture saturation, and local and national building codes.
- How long does it take to install a new roof? It depends (notice a theme?)! How long it will take to install your new roof depends on the size of the job and the type of roofing installation you require as well.
- What kind of insulation will I need? There are several different insulation materials on the market for commercial roofing jobs (like polyisocyanurate, extruded polystyrene, and expanded polystyrene). Depending on the type of building you have, your roofing contractor will help figure out which insulation will be best for you.
- How often should I inspect my commercial roof? Always check your roof after a big storm, before severe weather (rain, snow, or ice), and at the change of every season. If you notice major water damage, that may be a bigger issue at hand, so contact your roofing professional ASAP if that’s the case.
- Can my new roof save on energy bills? Yes it can! Different membranes have different characteristics that are reflective and emissive. Along with a roof assembly including adequate rigid insulation, solar reflection and heat emissivity can result in the reduction of heating and cool costs.
If you are looking for a roofing company that specializes in all things concerning commercial roofing, contact us at Shencorp Inc, proudly serving Winchester, VA, Charlottesville, VA, Waynesboro, VA, Richmond, VA, Virginia Beach, VA, and other parts of the Mid-Atlantic region. Since 1977, Shencorp Inc. has specialized in commercial roofing and commercial protective roof coating services. Since then, we have become the leading choice for industrial and commercial roofing services for customers throughout Virginia.