When you choose Shencorp Total Roofing Services serving Winchester, VA, Charlottesville, VA, Waynesboro, VA, Richmond, VA, and surrounding areas, you get durable and energy-efficient commercial protective roof coatings for a price you’ll love. We’re dedicated to providing high-quality coatings to protect your roof from wear and tear. We’re proud to provide this proactive and preventative service throughout the trans-Atlantic area in Virginia.
Flat roofs have been around for a very long time, and they’ve held the spotlight for being the go-to option for commercial roofs. They were always a popular preference for commercial buildings, and now they are also gaining momentum for residential ones. One of the most preferred roofing choice for flat roofs has been Modified Bitumen.
Modified Bitumen (MB) roofing is an asphalt-based, close cousin of the Built-up-Roof (BUR) designed for buildings with low-slope or “flat” roof structures. Engineered modified bitumen roofing membranes originated in Europe in the mid 1960’s and have been used successfully in the United States and Canada since approximately 1975. Modified Bitumen Roofing Systems are designed to withstand harsh exposure to extreme environmental elements. With five layers of protection, it’s one of the most trusted flat roofing systems used in the industry today
5 LAYER SYSTEM
The framework for Modified Bitumen Roofing Systems is a five-layer combination of roofing components.
- Insulation – Used to provide “R” value, or thermal resistance, for temperature stability of the roof system.
- Modified Base Sheets or Plies
- Modified Bitumen Membranes – Factory fabricated sheet membrane composed of co-polymer reinforced with polyester or fiberglass
- Adhesive – Waterproofing material with a bonding agent applied either hot or cold
- Surfacing – Provides UV protection and weathering resistance
BENEFITS OF MODIFIED BITUMEN ROOFING
- Proven track record of performance
- Superior waterproofing characteristics
- Broad range of application methods
- Wide choice of top-surfacing, including “Cool Roofing” options
- With insulation, provides an even better-performing building component
- High tensile-strength
- Available as part of a fire, wind, and/or hail rated roofing system
- Competitive life-cycle cost
- Available with flame-free and VOC-free installation
- Long-term warranties are available with many MB systems